Wednesday, September 3, 2014

40 weeks, baby 5

Today is my due date.

This little lady is taking after her older siblings (minus the eldest) and is taking her sweet time movin' on out.

I had an appointment yesterday.  I haven't gained any weight since last week.  My blood pressure was 84/55 (at what point does my heart stop beating, not from stress, but from laziness?).  No protein to be found.  Baby's heart beat was 134.  All good good good.  The doctor came in and checked her position also.  He said she is in a good spot (hallelujah!!!) and is "nose down."  I'm not quite sure why nose down is good, considering she doesn't lead with her nose to exit, but I think she's in the OA/LOA position which is the two favorable birth positions.   He also said, he doesn't see her being a huge baby.  He guessed around 7 1/2 pounds.  Emily was 8 1/2 so we will see if he's right.  My belly does feel a bunch smaller than it was with Emily.  I had NO space left with her and this little one can settle down when sleeping and I have extra space in the top of my abdomen.  Emily kinda filled up the whole thing 24/7 by the end.

We set my next appointment for next Monday.  At that point, he will check for dilation/effacement and sweep membranes.  That may set off labor on it's own, which would be pretty cool.  We will also look at possibly setting an induction date later next week.  


I'm hoping that I go into labor on my own.  I've done three inductions and while I'm not anti-induction (for me... I have thoughts in general though), I would love to feel labor come on and know that baby girl's timing is her own.  However, by 41+ weeks I will also be open to an induction.  I don't like the risks that are listed as you go further from your due date.  I know my dates for this pregnancy (last missed period, probable conception and all that jazz) and her due date is her due date, there is no chance that she's actually 37 weeks or something... she's fully baked.  My dates are firm.  So, my body has about a week to start moving and then it will get a nudge.  

I also got a final adjustment at the chiropractor yesterday so things should be nice and aligned for labor.  I've been cleaning like a nut-ball.  My laundry has been completely caught up for the last week... I've been putting in about a load a day and getting it done and put away by morning.  That's unheard up: caught up on laundry?!  That's like a large family urban legend.  Right now my entire upstairs is sporless... down to the floors being mopped.  I never mop the upstairs floors.  Rooms are tidy, floors vacuumed and mopped, bathrooms scrubbed, diaper pail newly emptied.  The downstiars is tidy too and tonight I will once again vacuum and mop.  The walls of the downstairs have been scrubbed down.  Dirty fingerprints are a pet peeve and I finally got time to wipe them all away.  What else?  Just this afternoon I cleaned the back porch.  I'm basically doing anything I can to have things completely in line for when I'm away at the hospital.  None of this nesting is bringing on labor though.


I also went and got a pedicure over the weekend, so I have pretty labor feet.  Haha.  I did my own nails this afternoon as well.  C'mon baby! 


The final baby gear is set out and legitimately all we are missing is... her.  Everything is ready.  EVERYTHING.  

 I have the hang of the new school schedule and we found our groove in that.   So from now until she comes we go about our daily business.  We will keep doing playdates and park trips and all that.  There are times where I want her out stat and times when I am ok waiting patiently.  I do feel ready to meet her though.  


Here is a photo I strung together and put on FB from our morning outing before Josh went to school:  

Happy Due Date!  Hopefully I will have a birth story to type out sooner rather than later. Only she knows... ;) 

No comments: